★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgfrozen broccoli (chopped or florets) 1 lb. bag
1 stickmargarine or butter, melted
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/4 calmonds, chopped
3-4 dash(es)oregano, dried
How to Make Broccoli Almondine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pull out a 2 qt. casserole dish. Open the frozen broccoli and pour it into the casserole. Break up the frozen broccoli. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Pour melted margarine over the broccoli. Top with the chopped almonds.
- Open the can of soup and pour it over the broccoli mixture. Use a spatula to spread it evenly over the broccoli/almond mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
This can be expanded into a complete dinner. Just add a layer of skinless, boneless chicken breasts in the bottom of the dish. Make the rest of the recipe as directed. Bake for 45 minutes, to be sure that the chicken has completely cooked.
Add-ins: sliced mushrooms, onions, Swiss cheese.