☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 creduced soy sauce
1/2 cdry sherry
1 Tbspworchestershire sauce
1 Tbsptabasco sauce
2 Tbspdijon mustard
1/4 ccanola oil
1 pkgwhole chicken (3 1/2 - 4 pound) cut into 8 pieces: each breast split w wings attached, 2 drumsticks and 2 thighs
1 1/2 cplain dried bread crumbs
5 Tbspunsalted butter, melted
1 tspkosher salt (to your taste)
1-2 slicelemon wedges
How to Make Breaded Chicken with Mustard and Dry Sherry
- Marinate the chicken: In a large bowl, wisk together the soy sauce, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, mustard and canola.
- With the exception of the wings, remove the skin from the chicken.
- Submerge all the chicken pieces in the marinade. Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty. Turn the chicken pieces around in the marinade so each side is coated. Put a piece of plastic wrap on top of the chicken and add a heavy weight, such as a small plate to ensure that the chicken is submerged in the marinade. Refrigerate for up to 3 hrs or overnight
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and butter. Season with a few large pinches of salt
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade, allowing any access liquid to drip off and roll them in the bread crumbs.
- Arrange them in a single layer (without crowding) on a baking sheet with a fitted rack. Elevating makes the chicken avoid a soggy underside.
- Bake until the pieces are cooked through with an internal temperature of 155 to 160 degrees and the bread crumbs are golden brown. 25-30 minutes
- Preheat the broiler. Put the chicken under the broiler for a minute or 2 watching to further brown the bread crumbs. Serve with lemon wedges