☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/2 c
- reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 c
- dry sherry
- 1 Tbsp
- worchestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- tabasco sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1/4 c
- canola oil
- 1 pkg
- whole chicken (3 1/2 - 4 pound) cut into 8 pieces: each breast split w wings attached, 2 drumsticks and 2 thighs
- 1 1/2 c
- plain dried bread crumbs
- 5 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt (to your taste)
- 1-2 slice
- lemon wedges
How to Make Breaded Chicken with Mustard and Dry Sherry
- 1Marinate the chicken: In a large bowl, wisk together the soy sauce, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, mustard and canola.
- 2With the exception of the wings, remove the skin from the chicken.
- 3Submerge all the chicken pieces in the marinade. Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty. Turn the chicken pieces around in the marinade so each side is coated. Put a piece of plastic wrap on top of the chicken and add a heavy weight, such as a small plate to ensure that the chicken is submerged in the marinade. Refrigerate for up to 3 hrs or overnight
- 4Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and butter. Season with a few large pinches of salt
- 5Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade, allowing any access liquid to drip off and roll them in the bread crumbs.
- 6Arrange them in a single layer (without crowding) on a baking sheet with a fitted rack. Elevating makes the chicken avoid a soggy underside.
- 7Bake until the pieces are cooked through with an internal temperature of 155 to 160 degrees and the bread crumbs are golden brown. 25-30 minutes
- 8Preheat the broiler. Put the chicken under the broiler for a minute or 2 watching to further brown the bread crumbs. Serve with lemon wedges