Braised Orange Rosemary Chicken
Note: This dish is not salty; it is meant to be flavorful in other ways, but be ready to add dashes of salt to your dish if you want it saltier!
Another Note!: Don't omit letting the chicken stand before serving. It is essential for this chicken to rest in its juices for a while out of the oven.
- chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 c
- vegetable stock
- 5-6 sprig(s)
- fresh rosemary sprigs
How to Make Braised Orange Rosemary Chicken
- 1Wash chicken and pat dry. Rub in the salt, pepper and lemon juice. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375*.
- 3Slice your oranges in half. Set aside.
- 4Into hot pan, add the balsamic, and stir over low heat to deglaze pan, and release all of those little brown bits from pan. Pour this onto chicken.
- 5Into baking dish add vegetable stock, juice of the oranges and the rosemary sprigs. Kind of stuff the rosemary springs in between the chicken thighs.
- 6Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Take pan out and cover with paper towel. Let chicken stand and rest for about 20 minutes. Transfer chicken out of drippings after 20 minutes. Either discard drippings, or use them to make a roux / gravy.