Boneless Chicken stuffed roast
I use Freda's stuffing (My favorite all time!)
Mom's classic Stuffing by freda
You can stuff this bird with any stuffing you like.
Jacques Pepin video:
How to Make Boneless Chicken stuffed roast
- 1Pat dry a whole chicken.
Note: this method can be done with any bird at all. Think of this game changer for your Holiday turkeys!
- 3After the bird is boneless, sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- 5Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While you wait, it is a good time to tie up your bird with the stuffing inside.
- 6I also put about 1/4 cup butter in a large frying pan, get it hot and brown the bird for color and flavor. SAVE the juices in the pan! You will make a pan gravy with this later. Then put it in a roasting pan along with potatoes, carrots and onion. The amount is up to you.
- 7Roast your bird until internal temp reaches 160 degrees. Take the temp near a meaty area in both the thigh and a breast.
- 8Let the bird rest on your cutting board while you make the pan gravy. Reserve the vegetables in a bowl to serve along side of the meat.
- 9FOR PAN GRAVY:
Take the pan you browned the bird in and add a cup of chicken stock and about 1/4 to 1/2 cup Sherry. Whisk to release the fond (brown bits) on the pan. This is where the flavor is! Let it reduce just a bit, and in a small glass jar or bowl, add about 2 Tablespoons corn starch and a little water. Mix until it is liquid. Add this SLOWLY to your pan gravy and whisk constantly. You can also add a bit of browning sauce if you would like a bit more color if the fond is too blonde for you. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10By the time the pan gravy is done, the bird can be carved into beautiful slices exposing the stuffing and chicken meat. Completely void of bones!
- 11Pour pan gravy over individual slices of the stuffed roast.