also a great way to get kids in the kitchen, they can pick and choose and see it made from begining to the end.
i have also done it in the oven using a roasting bag to make a family meal.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
·chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless or tender cut of beef
·red potatoes, cubbed small
·salt, pepper or any other seasoning you like
·white or red wine
How to Make Boat Food
- using 2 pieces of foil laying them on work area to form a cross, top piece laying cross ways. this one will be formed into a "bowl" to hold ingredients.
- place chicken breast onto foil, season with salt and pepper and any other seasonings you like. then start adding garlic, onion, veggies to your liking. as you add ingrediants bend and fold the foil into an oblong shaped bowl. top veggies with a pat of butter then a little wine.
- fold down top to seal and twist the ends and fold downward a little. the second piece of foil is just puilled up to ends are together then folded down to seal. when it is all sealed up it should look a little like a viking ship.
- blace on BBQ, camp fire grill, cook until chicken is done, 30 to 45 min. depending on size of chicken breast.
- ** i have also seen this done with fish and just lemon and herbs. Beef with veggies and red wine.