Blushing Hawaiian Chicken
I will give credit where credit is due and just because I don't know where it was published, I do know who developed it. Her name is Mrs. Mary Leonard from Camden, Maine. Evidentally she was a 'Grand Prize Winner'. This recipe totally lives up to that title. Thank you Mary!
This is delicious all the way!
- chicken, cut up or 2-3 pounds breasts and legs
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 tsp
- 1 stick
- margarine, 1/4 pound
- 1 can(s)
- cranberry sauce, whole, large
- 1 small
- pineapple, crushed, can
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
COVER BAKED CHICKEN WITH FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS:
How to Make Blushing Hawaiian Chicken
- 1Mix first 4 ingredients together (in a paper bag). Place margarine in 13x9x2' pan (I use a jelly roll sheet with foil added) and melt slowly. (can be done in oven). Shake chicken in bag with flour mixture and coat thoroughly. Place chicken, skin side down, in single layer in hot margarine. Bake 45 minutes in a 350 degree F oven - then turn chicken (out of oven and cover with the "COVER" mixture - see below:
- 2Mix in bowl the three "COVER" ingredients. Cranberry sauce, pineapple and brown sugar mixed together. Put over chicken.
Push covered chicken to one side of the pan and place your favorite biscuit recipe in the gravy made by the chicken cooking in the margarine. (about 12 biscuits can be used)
- 3Return to oven and bake 15 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned and chicken tender.
The sauce and biscuits can be made during the first 45 minutes that the chicken is cooking.