BLACK VELVET BARBECUE SAUCE
The photo is my own, and so is this recipe.
- cup mild rotel drained and pulsed in blender
- cup light brown sugar, dark brown sugar will make the sauce darker.
- cup catsup
- cup light sodium soy sauce
- cup worcestershire sauce
- cloves garlic minced
- teaspoon black pepper
- teaspoons dried mustard
- cup black velvet whisky
- teaspoon arrowroot, if desired
How to Make BLACK VELVET BARBECUE SAUCE
- 1Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk until smooth and bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer. Make sure there are slow rolling bubbles. Cook the sauce about 45 minutes to thicken. Cool and refrigerate until you are ready to use it. Makes about 3 cups of barbecue sauce.
If your sauce is not as thick as you would like it to be, add some arrowroot if necessary. Mix it with 3 or 4 tablespoons of the sauce, whisk until smooth and stir it into your sauce to thicken while you are cooking it.