Black Bean Chicken Chipolte Soup
- store bought rotisserie or self roasted chicken
- 3 can(s)
- black beans (15 oz cans)
- 2 can(s)
- corn ( must use canned corn for liquid)
- 1 can(s)
- chipolte in adobo sauce
- 1 large
- onion diced
- 4 clove
- 1-2 c
- favorite shredded mexican cheese mix
- 1/4 c
- fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
How to Make Black Bean Chicken Chipolte Soup
- 1shred meat from bone and skin of entire half of whole roasted chicken
- 2place olive oil in saute pan and saute onion until soft, add garlic and saute several more min.
- 3In crock pot put entire can of chipolte and adobo. Put in juice of two cans corn and rinse chipotles and remove all but one if you don't like very spicy. Add more to your liking. More chipoltes mean more heat. I serve the left over chipoltes on the table for folks who want more heat
- 4add the corn, unrinsed black beans, sauted onion/garlic and shredded chicken to crock pot. Stir and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- 5In side dishes have sour cream, shredded cheese, fresh chopped cilantro, to top soup to your liking.