Bistro Style Rosmary Chicken
Maggie May Schill
8bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
1small yellow onion, diced
1/4 cextra-virgin olive oil
5 Tbspfresh rosemary, pulled from stem
2 Tbspfresh basil, chopped
1/2 Tbspblack pepper
1 tspgarlic powder
1/2 pinchred pepper flakes (becareful not to go over board!!!)
·additional salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Bistro Style Rosmary Chicken
- Pre-heat oven to 375'F
- Rinse and pat dry the 8 defrosted chicken thighs. set aside.
- In a food processor, add garlic, black pepper, salt, garlic power, rosemary, basil and red pepper flakes. Slowly add olive oil as you pulse food processor until you make an oily paste out of the ingredients.
(You want a paste that's not dry and clumpy, but not runny and liquified. Add or subtract the amount of oil you use according to different factors; sometimes fresh herbs are dry and absorb more oil.)
- Take your chicken thighs back out. You want to coat each piece of chicken entirely with the oil and herb mixture. You also want to gently lift up the skin and coat under the skin with the oil and herb mixture. (Be-careful not to tear the skin.)
- Place chicken skin side up in a baking dish and cover the chicken with the diced onions. Salt and pepper entire baking dish as you desire.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then baste chicken thighs. Continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes until cooked through.