- 2 small
- chicken breasts
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1 lb
- mix vegetables, frozen
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken cooking water
- 4 oz
- cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp
- poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped parsley (optional but totally worth it)
- 1 can(s)
- refridgerated biscuits
How to Make Biscuit topped Chicken Casserole
- 1Cover chicken in water in a dutch oven and stew till cooked and tender over low-medium heat. Approx. 1 hr
- 2Remove cooked chicken to plate to cool and shred. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the chicken cooking liquid. Put shredded chicken back in dutch oven.
- 3Add cream of chicken, water, cream cheese, and bag of frozen mixed vegetables. Add seasonings. Bring to boil and then lower heat and simmer, while stirring to combine and cook the veg.
- 4Turn off heat and add parsley, mix well.
- 5Pour chicken mixture into 2 quart casserole and lay biscuits on top. Bake at 350 until biscuits are browned on top and casserole is bubbly.
- 6Serve with salad for complete meal.
*Note that you do not need to buy the large biscuits for this casserole. I buy the regular sized ones, which are pretty small, for 67 cents and they turn out perfect and fluffy and much bigger than if you just baked them. This makes a fairly small casserole but feeds my family of five with little or not left overs. Also, using bagged chicken breasts is fine with dish because once you shred them and mix them with the rest you get a fair amount of chicken per share.