- 2 c
- basmati rice
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 1 large
- bay leaf
- cardamom pods
- 1 small
- cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp
- turmeric, ground
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless cut into large chunks
- 2 tsp
- hot curry powder
- handful raisins
- chicken stock
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- handful of almond, sliced and toasted
How to Make Biryani Chicken
- 1Wash the rice 3 times and set aside to drain.
Heat the butter in the saucepan and cook onion with bay leaf, cardamom pods and cinnamon for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle turmeric and add chicken, curry and cook for few minutes.
- 2Add rice and raisins, mix well and cook for few minutes till aromatic. Add stock and bring to boil. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Turn off the heat - don't lift the lid on the pan! Leave for 20 minutes to sit. Before serving add almonds and coriander.