Best Ever Chicken Taquitos
- 1-2 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large
- 1 pkg
- corn flour tortillas ( at least 30 )
- 2 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- vegetable oil/canola oil for frying
- sliced tomatoes
- guacamole ( i make my own w/a seasoning packet )
- mexican dipping cheese ( yah this really isn't an option, you must have the cheese!!! ;)
- salsa ( if ya just can't live without it!! lol )
- sour cream ( you can't have mexican food without sour cream! ;) lol
TOPPINGS ( OPTIONAL )
How to Make Best Ever Chicken Taquitos
- 1First: Ya gotta cook the chicken, my advice? the quickest and easiest method to shred, is to boil it for approx. 20-30 minutes.
- 2while you're waiting for the chicken to finish, ya might as well get the toppings ready!Dice up your onions to go in with the chicken mixture,slice up some tomatoes, make your guacamole, get your cheese cubes diced.
- 3Okay, the chicken is done, shred it with a couple of forks or whatever method works best for you. Then add it to a pan with the onions and taco seasoning. Add some water, but don't go by the packet, you don't wanna water down the flavor. Heat it up till the seasoning is well mixed and the onions are sauteed.
- 4Now, remove the pan from the heat, and in another pan add oil to the bottom, about a 1/2 inch from the bottom? Now here's where it gets tricky, I burnt myself the first couple times I did this just a warning, please be careful! I def suggest using tongs if you're nervous about burning yourself. Okay: so you're gonna take some of the chicken mixture and put it onto the edge of your tortilla. How much is entirely up to you, but don't overfill it, I usually use about a spoonful maybe a spoonful and 1/2 depending. Then you want to roll it from the filling side till it's rolled into a tube. Then you need to place it in the hot oil seam side down. Once it's browned on one side ( this doesn't take but maybe a min or two, less the hotter the oil gets) turn it over and cook the other side. You'll want to put as many as you can fit into your pan at a time, as this is time consuming, but I promise it's sooo worth it!!! ( P.S. you may have to add some oil in between as it tends to disappear as you cook! ;) Take out of the pan, and drain on a plate.
- 5As you get closer to the taquitos being done, you'll want to get your cheese melting in the microwave! Mexi rice is a good side dish with this as well. Enjoy!!