Best Chicken Fried Steak Ever
How to Make Best Chicken Fried Steak Ever
- Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl with clean-dry hands
- In a seperate bowl, beat eggs, then add the milk, and beat together until smooth
- Individually coat both sides of a steak (helps to give the egg something to stick to)
- Then dip it in the egg mixture (do not oversaturate... just briefly dunk the steak in the mixture)
- Take the egg soaked steak and toss in flour mixture
- Repeat the process by dipping steak back into te egg mixture, then once again in the flour mixture
- Set steak on plate, and proceed with remaining steaks, following steps 3-6
- Heat oil on MEDIUM-HIGH (oil is ready when you can flick flour into it and it sizzles rapidly)
- Add steaks two or three at a time (dependent on steak and pan size)turn once after 4 minutes. Allow to cook another 4 minutes or until juices run clear.
- When the steak has completed cooking, remove from pan with tongs and place on paper towel lined platter or plate. (while remaining steaks fry, a warmer or an oven at about 170 degrees can be used to keep the steaks warm, without affecting crispiness).
- Serve with gravy, corn, green beans and crescent rolls...and you've got a fantastic southern style meal!