- 1 large
- whole chicken
- 1 large
- family size campbell's cream of chicken
- 5 c
- To taste
- salt and pepper and garlic powder
How to Make Best Chicken and Dumplins Ever
- 1Clean and boil a whole chicken stove top for 3 1/2- 4 hours. Add salt, pepper and garlic to the water at the start. Keep water level over chicken until the last hour.
- 2At last 20 minutes of chicken cooking, mix flour and warm water to make a soft dough. Just enough to come together as a dough. Not sticky. Don't handle too much. I like to add some of the chicken broth with the water and flour for more flavor in the Dumplins. Shake flour on a large surface and roll out small portions of the dough. I like mine cardboard thin. Cut the rolled dough into small squares about an inch and a half long.
- 3When the cream of chicken broth is at a mild low slow boil drop the cut Dumplins into the broth. Broth should be very thin at this point. Stir to make sure Dumplins don't stick to the bottom. Add enough Dumplins one at a time until the broth starts to thicken. Let cook about 15/20 minutes until Dumplins are done.
- 4When Dumplins are all placed in pot, tear chicken apart and place meat pieces back in with the Dumplins. I like to only use white meat in various chunks and sizes.