Beer in the Butt Chicken
- whole 4-5lb chicken
- 1/2 can(s)
- beer or dark soda
- your favorite rub, i like lawery's perfect blend chicken and poultry rub
- chicken stand. if it just me and the family i use one but if i have guest over i cook 2 at the same time on the grill
- disposable pie tin
- 1 c
How to Make Beer in the Butt Chicken
- 1put your chicken stand on the pie tin. grab your can of beer or dark soda and pour half of it out. Place the can in the can holder on the stand.
- 2Make sure that there isn't any chicken parts stuffed inside the chicken. If so just discard it. Rinse the chicken off inside and out.
- 3Slide the chicken on the stand, butt down over the can.
- 4pour the rub in your hand and rub it onto the chicken all over. Don't forget to rub it under the wings and the inside of the legs.
- 5place the pie plate and chicken on the grill. Pour about 1/2 a cup of water into the pie tin. This helps keep the skin from burning. Cook on med-low for about 1 1/2 hours. Checking periodically. The water in the pie tin will start to evaporate so make sure you add that other 1/2 of cup half way through cooking. About and hour into cooking I get my meat thermometer and stick it one of the breast(not touching the bone). When the temp reaches 165 degrees then your done!