★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 Tbspseasoned salt
1 Tbspgarlic powder
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
·wood, for smoking
How to Make Beer Can Chicken
- Wash and blot chicken dry.
- Combine the dry rub ingredients and season chicken inside and out.
- Inject basting sauce into breast, legs and thighs.
- Pop the top off the beer and punch 6 or 7 holes with a churchkey.
- Spoon the remaining dry rub into the beer.
- Insert the beer can into the bottom cavity.
- Set the chicken upright on the beer can bottom.
- Spread the legs of the chicken to form a tripod, so the bird stands upright.
- Smoke the bird for 3 hours or until well done and ready to fall from the bone.