Beef Tamale Pie
- 1/2 c
- mazeca corn flour!
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp
- instant onion, minced
- 1 can(s)
- kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken, cooked and chopped
- parsley sprig chopped
How to Make Beef Tamale Pie
- 1Mix cornmeal, water and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 2Simmer, stirring constantly, until mixture becomes very thick.
- 3Remove from heat; stir in cheese and onion.
- 4Spread mixture evenly into bottom and sides of a greased 2-quart baking casserole.
- 5Mix together chili, kidney beans, pimientos and chicken; pour mixture into lined bowl.
- 6Cover; bake in preheated 350 oven 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly.
- 7Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped parsley.