Beef or Chicken pot pie!
The vegetables in the gravy are a natural thickener, and adds so much flavor! This is a great recipe to make your own!!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4-5 lbschicken or beef cut into small chunks
2 boxeschicken or beef broth
1 qthalf and half or heavy cream
4cloves of garlic
·butter and oil for frying
2-10ozfrozen mixed vegetables
·salt and pepper to taste
4 cansrefrigerator bisquits
How to Make Beef or Chicken pot pie!
- Bake whichever meat you are using in oven until almost done
- Saute onion and garlic, in butter and oil, in Dutch oven size pot
- add frozen vegetables that have been thawed out
- cook until tender
- add broth (that matches whichever meat you chose)and half and half or creame
- after it is heated through use a Braun type handmixer and grind everything up until smooth
- Add seasoning to taste
- add cooked meat and whatever thawed frozen vegetables you like, you can add potatoes too etc.
- let cook all together while you prepare the crust...
- I use store brand refrigerator bisquits, butter baking dish, lay out uncooked bisquits and press together to line the whole bottom and a little way up the sides.
- pour meat and gravy mixture on top of uncooked bisquits
- Take the rest of the uncooked bisquits and top the mixture to form a top crust
- bake at the Temp. the directions on the bisquits gives, until nice and golden brown