Beef or Chicken pot pie!
The vegetables in the gravy are a natural thickener, and adds so much flavor! This is a great recipe to make your own!!
- 4-5 lbs
- chicken or beef cut into small chunks
- 2 boxes
- chicken or beef broth
- 1 qt
- half and half or heavy cream
- 1 med
- cloves of garlic
- butter and oil for frying
- frozen mixed vegetables
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cans
- refrigerator bisquits
How to Make Beef or Chicken pot pie!
- 1Bake whichever meat you are using in oven until almost done
- 2Saute onion and garlic, in butter and oil, in Dutch oven size pot
- 3add frozen vegetables that have been thawed out
- 4cook until tender
- 5add broth (that matches whichever meat you chose)and half and half or creame
- 6after it is heated through use a Braun type handmixer and grind everything up until smooth
- 7Add seasoning to taste
- 8add cooked meat and whatever thawed frozen vegetables you like, you can add potatoes too etc.
- 9let cook all together while you prepare the crust...
- 10I use store brand refrigerator bisquits, butter baking dish, lay out uncooked bisquits and press together to line the whole bottom and a little way up the sides.
- 11pour meat and gravy mixture on top of uncooked bisquits
- 12Take the rest of the uncooked bisquits and top the mixture to form a top crust
- 13bake at the Temp. the directions on the bisquits gives, until nice and golden brown