Bean-and-Beef Enchilida Casserole
1 lblean grd.beef or chicken
3/4 cchopped onion
1 tspchili powder
1/2 tspgrd. cumin
1(15oz.) can(s)pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 (4oz.) can(s)diced green chili peppers
1 (8oz.)carton dairy sour cream
2 Tbspall-purpose flour
1/4 tspgarlic powder
126 inch corn tortillas
1(10oz.) can(s)enchilida sauce (red)
2 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Bean-and-Beef Enchilida Casserole
- In a lg.skillet cook grd.beef (or chicken), onion, chili powder, and cumin until onion is tender and meat is no longer pink;drain. Stir pinto beans and undrained chili peppers into meat mixture;set aside.
- In a sm. mixing bowl stir together sour cream, flour, and garlic powder until combined/set aside.
- Place half of the tortillas in the bottom of a lightly greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish, (I use a round one) cutting to fit if necessary. Top with half of the meat mixture, half of the sour cream mixture, half of the enchilada sauce and sprinkle with sm. amount of cheese. REPEAT LAYERS. Cover dish with plastic wrap; chill in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- To Serve: Preheat oven to 350F. Remove Plastic wrap; cover dish with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 min. if using rectang. pan. longer if using round casserole dish. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- I MAKE THIS IN THE MORNING AND BAKE FOR SUPPER LATER IN THE DAY. NO NEED TO REFRIGERATE BUT MAKES A GREAT MAKE-AHEAD DISH IF YOU DO DECIDE TO REFRIGERATE~~
- *** I HAVE LINED MY CROCK-POT WITH A COOKING BAG IN THIS PHOTO. IT'S NOT PLASIC WRAP....