BBQ Chicken Sandwich - Waco Family Favorite
4chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
4hamburger buns, whole wheat
8 slicepepper bacon, more to taste
4 slicecheddar cheese (can sub american or swiss)
1/2 mediumtomato, sliced (more as desired)
1/4 cbarbecue sauce, to taste (rudy's brand bbq sauce is prefered to gain the right taste!!)
1/2 mediumred onion, sliced
1 cbroccosprouts, to taste (other mixed sprouts as available or preferred)
How to Make BBQ Chicken Sandwich - Waco Family Favorite
- Preheat grill.
- Place 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts on the grill; cook until done.
- While chicken grills, fry bacon in a pan to desired crispness; drain and set aside.
- Baste chicken with BBQ sauce, turning during basting.
- Place cheese slice on top of each breast to melt, watching not to over melt.
- Lightly toast buns, if desired, then add bbq sauce, chicken, bacon, onion tomato and sprouts.
- Top with bun, serve with favorite salad, chips and enjoy!