BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Cheddar
- 4 large
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 slice
- 1 c
- favorite bbq sauce, i love sweet baby ray's original
- 1 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Cheddar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large jellyroll pan (or large cookie sheet with rim) with foil so it's hanging over a little. Line up bacon side by side in jellroll pan (may overlap a bit) and bake for 12 minutes. You want to partially cook it and still have it limp. Do not drain off bacon grease from jellyroll pan, you will need this later in the pan. Increase oven temp to 400 degrees.
- 2Trim your chicken breasts of excess fat, if any, and slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise so you have two large tenders from each whole breast. Take 4 of your pieces of bacon and cut in half. Wrap 1 whole and 1 half piece of bacon around each chicken breast tender making sure ends of bacon are tucked under bottom of chicken piece.
- 3Place all of your bacon wrapped chicken in same jellyroll pan you cooked the bacon in with reserved bacon grease. Baste chicken pieces with BBQ sauce, using about 1/2 cup of sauce. Bake in oven for 20 minutes, check for doneness. Remove from oven and baste chicken with remaining BBQ sauce. Turn oven to broil and broil chicken for 3~4 minutes to crisp up the bacon and carmalize the BBQ sauce slightly. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
- 4Remove from oven and place chicken on serving platter. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over all of the chicken and let melt. Enjoy!!