Basic Wing Recipe
The idea here is to steam-cook the wings on the inside first, then bake the skin crispy.
They come out perfect! Juicy meat on the inside but crispy skin on the outside! yummm-o!
**NOTE** This is not my picture, I pulled it off the web, but this is what they look like before you toss them in bbq sauce.
How to Make Basic Wing Recipe
- wash and split wings.
- in steamer basket, steam wings for 20 minutes in single layer batches until all are done. Lay on cooling rack over cookie sheet, skin side up, put in fridge for 1 hour or more.
- remove wings from fridge, Preheat oven to 425 degrees. brush wings with melted butter (if you chose to use it) sprinkle with salt and pepper and your choice of dry seasonings. I use lemon pepper and hubby likes chicago chicken.
- lay wings on a new cookie sheet, skin side down and bake for 20 minutes
- flip and bake another 25 minutes.
- remove from oven and toss with bbq sauce or sprinkle with additional seasonings if you like them super spicy and super flavorful.