Bang Bang Chicken1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 ptchicken stock
2 Tbspsesame seeds, lightly toasted
6 ozpeanut butter, creamy
2 tspchili sauce
2 tspbrown sugar
2 Tbspsesame oil
2 Tbspvegetable oil
How to Make Bang Bang Chicken
- To make the sauce, put the peanut butter into a bowl and place over boiling water for 10 minutes to soften.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the chili sauce and sugar.
- Gradually, add both the oils until the sauce is the right consistency for pouring - depending on the peanut butter, you may not need all the oil.
- Poach the chicken breasts for about 10 minutes (until cooked through) in the stock, then drain and cool.
- Then cut into 1 inch shreds and put to one side.
- Peel the carrot and cut into shreds, also about 1 inch long, then cut the spring onions to the same size, using the green and the white.
- Cut the cucumber into 1 inch lengths, leaving the skin on.
- Thinly slice lengthways and cut into matchstick shapes, discarding the seeds.
- Arrange the vegetables on a serving dish and pile the chicken on top.
- Then pour the sauce generously over the chicken and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.