☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1chicken, quartered broiler-fryer
1.75 corzo pasta
1 cchicken broth
6 oztomato paste
How to Make Baked Chicken with Orzo
- Place the chicken in a shallow roasting pan, skin side up. Add 1/3 cup water.
- Dot with butter. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in 350 oven 1 hour.
- Fifteen minutes before chicken is done, bring 2 quarts of water to boil, stir in orzo, 1/2 teaspoon salt and oil.
- Parboil 5 minutes. Drain orzo in colander.
- Rinse in cold water.
- Remove baked chicken from oven. Place in dish.
- Cover tightly with heavy-duty foil.
- Set aside.
- Turn oven to 425. Add 1 cup water and broth to roasting pan.
- Stir to loosen drippings.
- Add tomato paste, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and drained orzo.
- Bake 30 minutes or until orzo has absorbed liquid and is tender. Adjust salt.
- Sprinkle orzo with parmesan cheese or dollops of yogurt. Serve with baked chicken.