- 12 oz
- penne pasta, cooked & drained
- 1 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken breast strips
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2-4 clove
- garlic, chopped (depends on your taste)
- 15 oz
- ricotta cheese
- 2 c
- shredded mozzarella (reserve 1c)
- 1/4 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 c
- frozen chopped spinach (i use the 10oz box thawed & drained well)
- large eggs beaten
- 2 jar(s)
- classico asiago romano alfredo pasta sauce (can also use garlic alfredo sauce)
How to Make Baked Chicken Spinach Penne
- 1Cook & drain penne.
Sautee chopped garlic in olive oil. Add chicken strips & lightly brown; add both jars of sauce and simmer till heated through. Stir frequently.
- 2Mix together 1 c mozzarella, spinach (I squeeze out as much water as possible), parmesan, ricotta & 2 beaten eggs. Mix well & set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 350*. Spray or gease 13x9 pan. Pour 1 c of the sauce in pan & spread.
- 4Make layers of 1/2 the penne, 1/2 ricotta mixture, and 1/2 the sauce. Repeat layers.
- 5COVER and bake at 350* for 40 minutes.
- 6UNCOVER and top with reserved 1 c mozzarella. Bake additional 5-10 minutes till melted.