Baked Chicken Cacciatora1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbchicken, cut up
1/4 cvegetable oil
8 oztomato sauce
1/2 tspdried oregano
4garlic cloves, minced
2green bell peppers, chopped
1/2 cdry red wine
1/2 lbmushrooms, sliced
1/4 cparmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Baked Chicken Cacciatora
- Place flour in a paper bag; shake chicken pieces in flour to coat.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil.
- Add chicken and cook, turning, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Remove to a 13x9x2 baking dish.
- While chicken is browning, mix tomato sauce, wine, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add garlic to pan drippings and saute 1 minute.
- Add bell peppers and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce mixture.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.