Baked Chicken Breasts with Gruyere & Mushrooms
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- fine bread crumbs
- 8 Tbsp
- 1/2 lb
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz
- gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 c
- chicken stock
- lemon, juiced
How to Make Baked Chicken Breasts with Gruyere & Mushrooms
- 1Cut boned breasts into strips.
- 2Marinate in egg and salt mixture for 1 hour.
- 3Roll chicken in bread crumbs to coat.
- 4Brown lightly in butter in small pan.
- 5Transfer to 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- 6Slice mushrooms over chicken.
- 7Sprinkle cheese over mushrooms.
- 8Pour chicken stock over all.
- 9Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- 10Pour fresh lemon juice over casserole just before serving.