- 1 1/4 c
- dry pasta, any shape you like (bows or penne would be great)
- 3 c
- cooked chicken breast, shredded (i poached 2 medium sized chicken breasts)
- alfredo sauce (recipe below)
- 2 c
- mozzarella cheese (i shred my own)
- 1 Tbsp
- light olive oil
- 4 clove
- garlic, pressed
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 c
- chicken stock
- 1 c
- milk (i used 2%)
- 1 c
- parmesan cheese (i freshly grate my own)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Baked Chicken Alfredo
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- 2Cook your pasta of choice according to package directions. Drain well. Return the pasta to the pot, add the shredded chicken and the alfredo sauce. Gently combine together.
- 3Pour half of the pasta mixture into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese. Layer with remaining pasta, then top with remaining mozzarella.
- 4Bake for 25 minutes. Cheese will be melted and slightly starting to brown.
- 5Serve and enjoy!
Can be topped with additional Parmesan cheese, and or, fresh chopped parsley.
- 6MAKING THE ALFREDO SAUCE
- 7Heat olive oil over medium heat, add garlic and saute one minute, until fragrant.
Sprinkle with flour and combine. Saute for 1 minute to cook the flour, stirring occasionally.
- 8Pour in the chicken broth, whisk until smooth. Then whisk in milk. Bring to a simmer, cook for 1 minute until thickened.
Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
When cheese has melted remove from heat and set aside.