1 1/4 cdry pasta, any shape you like (bows or penne would be great)
3 ccooked chicken breast, shredded (i poached 2 medium sized chicken breasts)
·alfredo sauce (recipe below)
2 cmozzarella cheese (i shred my own)
1 Tbsplight olive oil
4 clovegarlic, pressed
1 cchicken stock
1 cmilk (i used 2%)
1 cparmesan cheese (i freshly grate my own)
How to Make Baked Chicken Alfredo
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cook your pasta of choice according to package directions. Drain well. Return the pasta to the pot, add the shredded chicken and the alfredo sauce. Gently combine together.
- Pour half of the pasta mixture into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese. Layer with remaining pasta, then top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cheese will be melted and slightly starting to brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can be topped with additional Parmesan cheese, and or, fresh chopped parsley.
- MAKING THE ALFREDO SAUCE
- Heat olive oil over medium heat, add garlic and saute one minute, until fragrant.
Sprinkle with flour and combine. Saute for 1 minute to cook the flour, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the chicken broth, whisk until smooth. Then whisk in milk. Bring to a simmer, cook for 1 minute until thickened.
Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
When cheese has melted remove from heat and set aside.