★★★★★ 1 vote5
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 stick
- butter or margarine
- 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c
- italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper to season chicken
How to Make Baked Chicken
- 1Heat oven to 500 degrees. Add 1/2 stick of butter or margarine, cut into squares and place in bottom of a 9X13 inch baking dish or pan. When oven is hot, place pan in oven and melt butter. Do not burn.
Remove and set on stove.
- 2In a large paper plate add flour. In a bowl add eggs and beat. In another paper plate add breadcrumbs. Cut chicken breasts in half amd season both sides with salt and pepper. Dip each piece in flour, egg and then breadcrumbs and lay in baking dish. When all chicken pieces are breaded and in dish, place a tab of butter on each ( 1/2 stick).
- 3Place baking dish in oven at 500 degrees and bake for 10 minutes on both side. Watch so it doesn't burn.Turn oven down to 200 degrees. Cover with foil and bake slowly for 2 hours.
Serve with potatoes and a vegetable.