Baked Boneless Bourbon Chicken Thighs & Sides
- 8 medium
- chicken thighs (boneless & skinless)
- 1 c
- bourbon chicken & peppercorn 30 minute marinade
- 1 c
- white rice
- 2 c
- chicken broth, low salt
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 can(s)
- sliced mushrooms (canned)
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic salt
- 1 tsp
- 3 medium
- bell pepper trio (red, yellow & green)
- 1/4 medium
- yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1 medium
- garlic clove (chopped or pressed)
How to Make Baked Boneless Bourbon Chicken Thighs & Sides
- 1Prepare Chicken: Put chicken thighs in a plastic zip lock bag and pour a cup of marinade over it. Seal bag and squeeze chicken around make sure that the marinade gets in to all the nooks and crannies of the chicken thighs. Put in the refrigerator and let sit over night... its worth it :-)
- 2Next Day - Prepare Dinner: Set oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking pan with a little bit of cooking spray so the chicken doesn't stick. Place chicken in the pan and space them out evenly. Lightly season the top of the chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Place pan in the oven and let it cook for 45 minutes.
- 3Prepare Rice: In a sauce pan, two cups of chicken broth, two pads of butter, garlic salt and pepper (to taste) though I always give it a little extra. Drain canned mushrooms and add to vegetable broth and bring to a boil. When butter has melted and the liquid has come to a rolling boil, add your 1 cup of white rice. Let simmer for about 5 minutes then turn the stove completely off, leaving the pan on the hot eye to help steam the rice. Let stand and do not lift the lid until you can see that most of the moisture has steamed away. (Cooking time for rice to thoroughly cook is about 30 - 40 minutes, so get it going right after the chicken gets put in the oven).
- 4Prepare Veggies: After the rice is set to steam, get started on your veggies. I only used 1/2 of each color of bell pepper (yellow, red and green) and a 1/4 of a medium onion. Rinse and clean veggies of seeds etc. Cut each pepper, long ways so they look like little sticks. Cut your onion the same way.
- 5Cooking the veggies: Turn your stove heat to medium/high. In a stir fry pan, add about a table spoon of oil to the bottom of your pan. Then add a tablespoon of soy sauce and let both oil and soy sauce heat together. When you see that the oil is sizzling around the soy sauce, throw in your veggies and stir them around so that they are evenly coated in the pan. Lightly season them with some fresh garlic (pressed or chopped) and some pepper. Veggies should be bright and snappy, don't over cook them. It only takes about 5 minutes to cook.