Bacon Wrapped Chicken Livers
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken Livers
- 1Pre-Heat skillet at 250 (if using electric skillet) or medium (if using stove).
- 2Add just enough oil to coat bottom of pan.
- 3Wash and pat dry chicken livers. (If you have a large liver, cut in half.)
- 4Using a sharp knife, cut bacon in half while in package.
- 5Wrap each liver in half a slice of bacon and secure with toothpick.
- 6Place in an even layer in skillet and cover. (This allows the chicken liver too cook WHILE bacon stays soft.)
- 7Flip every so often and once the chicken liver is done (I use the old technique of grabbing the largest one and cutting it in half), turn up the heat and let bacon get to desired crispiness.
- 8Place on paper towel lined plate and let rest and drain to remove excess fat.
- 9Serve :D
If you like your bacon crispy, sear first and then cover on lower heat. Crisp up even more after chicken liver is cooked through.
Cover a paper plate with paper towels and top that with ANOTHER paper plate covered in paper towel and let drain on them. This way you have one less dish to clean and doubling makes sure not to get any on your counter.