Bacon Fried Ranch Chicken
- 6 slice
- 2 Tbsp
- 4 to 6
- boneless chicken breasts
- salt & peper
- 5 to 6 dash(es)
- kernel seasons popcorn powder, ranch flavored or powdered ranch dressing mix
- 1 medium
- onion, thinly sliced
- 1 or 2 medium
- zucchini or yellow squash
- 3/4 c
- chicken stock, or broth
- 2 Tbsp
- sour cream
- 1/4 c
- corn starch plus 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 pkg
- egg noodles, cooked
How to Make Bacon Fried Ranch Chicken
- 1in frypan fry bacon until crisp, set on paper towels. drain all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat and return pan to heat.
- 2add 2 Tablespoons butter to pan
- 3pat chicken dry with paper towel and sprinkle with salt, pepper and ranch powder. set in fry pan so not touching. you may have to do 2 batches
- 4fry chicken until brown on one side, flip and brown the other side then place in baking dish.
- 5after all chicken is fried add onions to pan, stirring to coat with pan drippings. add zucchini on top, sprinkle with salt, pepper and ranch powder and cover for 3 to 5 minutes. remove lid and stir until onions are beginning to carmelize and zucchini is softened.
- 6add chicken broth and bring to a boil, stirring to deglaze pan. add sour cream and stir well, add milk and again bring to light boil. stir in cornstarch mixture and continue stirring until desired thickness. pour over chicken in baking dish and put in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- 7serve over bed of egg noodles with crumbled bacon on top.