BACON & CHEDDAR GRILLED CHICKEN
1 1/2 Tbspsalt
4 largeboneless,skinless chicken breast halves
1 Tbspchicken rub (see *note)
2 Tbspvegetable oil (plus extra for grill)
4 sliceamerican cheese
12 slicehickory smoked bacon, cooked crisp
1 cshredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
·minced fresh chives (optional)
How to Make BACON & CHEDDAR GRILLED CHICKEN
- Gather and prep all ingredients.
- BRINE THE CHICKEN: Pour salt and water into a gallon size zipper food bag; zip bag closed; shake well to dissolve salt.
- Unzip bag, add chicken; close bag and set inside a bowl; place in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
- EVEN OUT THE THICKNESS: Place breasts, rib side up on flat work surface. Use a very sharp chef's knife or fillet knife to open thick side of breast like a book, starting on the inside.
- Drizzle oil over chicken breasts, turning to coat thoroughly.
- Lightly brush George Foreman grill or grill pan with vegetable oil; preheat to medium/ medium-high.
- Remove chicken from grill to toaster oven tray or baking sheet.
- Place 1 slice of American cheese on top of chicken.