BACON & CHEDDAR GRILLED CHICKEN
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 6 c
- 4 large
- boneless,skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 Tbsp
- chicken rub (see *note)
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil (plus extra for grill)
- 4 slice
- american cheese
- 12 slice
- hickory smoked bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 c
- shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- minced fresh chives (optional)
How to Make BACON & CHEDDAR GRILLED CHICKEN
- 1Gather and prep all ingredients.
- 2BRINE THE CHICKEN: Pour salt and water into a gallon size zipper food bag; zip bag closed; shake well to dissolve salt.
- 3Unzip bag, add chicken; close bag and set inside a bowl; place in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
- 5EVEN OUT THE THICKNESS: Place breasts, rib side up on flat work surface. Use a very sharp chef's knife or fillet knife to open thick side of breast like a book, starting on the inside.
- 7Drizzle oil over chicken breasts, turning to coat thoroughly.
- 8Lightly brush George Foreman grill or grill pan with vegetable oil; preheat to medium/ medium-high.
- 12Remove chicken from grill to toaster oven tray or baking sheet.
- 13Place 1 slice of American cheese on top of chicken.