Awesome Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cwild rice, uncooked
1 can(s)cream of potato or mushroom
1 can(s)cream of onion soup
16 ozsour cream
3 or 4chicken breasts, cooked
1/2 can(s)french fried onions
1 can(s)water chestnuts, chopped, optional
·celery, chopped, optional
·almonds, slivered, optional
1 can(s)mushrooms, optional
How to Make Awesome Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole
- Rinse the rice under running water. Cook in 2 cups water and 1/2 tsp. salt for about an hour, tightly covered.
- While the rice is cooking, if you're not using leftover chicken, cook the chicken however you like. I just microwave mine until it's almost done. It can be boiled, broiled, pan fried, sauteed, done on a George Foreman grill, whatever. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Combine the soups and the sour cream.
- Grease a 13 x 9 pan or casserole dish. Pour in the cooked rice, the chicken pieces, and the soup mixture, and stir until well mixed.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Top with french fried onions and bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes more.
- My husband is a VERY picky eater so I make it just like this. It is wonderful, though, if you want to add a can of drained, diced water chestnuts, and celery, and some slivered almonds and a can of mushrooms. Yummy!