Aunt June & Betty Joes Easy Chicken Pot Pie
This recipe has been altered slightly - to make it our own family favorite and even more delicious!
It's the easiest chicken pot pie - you'll ever make. If you are watching your fat intake - just take half of your crust off your plate - but warning - the crust is sooo good!
Add - a fresh tossed green salad with canned mandarin oranges - fresh red tomatoes..for color and nutrition with a low fat dressing of choice- to accompany the chicken pot pie - and Voolah! A family favorite.that they will think you spent all day on.
P.S. I'll probably be making this..in a day or two..i'll post a picture of it. It's a yummy looking dish!!
- 1 whole chicken - boiled
- 1 can of english peas or substitute 1 can of butter beans
- 1 can julenne sliced carrots
- 2 medium or large potatoes
- 2 cans of cream of celery soup
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth (from your boiled chicken)
- 2 boiled eggs - chopped (optional)
How to Make Aunt June & Betty Joes Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 1place whole chicken in seasoned water. (salt, pepper - and whatever seasoning you prefer) I like adding a little dried basil to mine. Boil - till completely cooked. Allow to cool - then remove skin - and shred meat. (Reserve about 2 cups of your chicken broth) Spread meat out in to the bottom of a large glass casserole dish. Next.. pour..approx. 1 1/2 cups of the chicken broth over the meat. Spread 2 cans of cream of celery soup over this. Cook fresh potato (bake - but takes longer, or microwave 10 min - poke holes in potato..before microwaving. - cool and chop) -Spread carrots, peas, boiled sliced eggs (optional)and cooked potato in dish.
Then mix melted butter, flour and milk in a bowl.
Spead evenly over the top of the other ingredients.. making sure..to spread all the way..to sides of dish.
Bake (do not cover) - for about 45 min. to an hour..in a 450 degree oven. When crust is beautifully buttery golden in color - it's ready to enjoy! Crust taste best.first night.. but still - an absolutely delicious meal - as left overs the next day!!