Aunt Dixie's Chicken & Rice
- 6 lbs
- chicken-cut up or 6-8 (1/2)chicken breasts (skinless and boneless)
- 4 c
- longrain white rice (uncooked)
- 8 c
- hot water
- 2 pkg
- lipton onion soup (dry mix)
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1 can(s)
- cream of celery soup
- 1/2 c
How to Make Aunt Dixie's Chicken & Rice
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a large casserole dish, like a lasagna pan, 13x18x3 inches with light oil, shortening or vegetable spray. Wash, pat dry and set aside chicken pieces (either fryer pieces or chicken breast pieces).
- 2In a large bowl, combine rice, hot water, butter soup mixes and canned soup. Stir well until butter is melted and soups are dissolved into the water. Pour into the prepared casserole pan.
- 3Lay chicken pieces on top. They will likely be close together, but try to keep them a little apart. Cover the entire casserole with foil, shiny side out. Bake for 1 hour, then remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes to brown the top and edges. This is a great time to steam or otherwise prepare your vegetables or salad. Let rest for a few minutes to set and cool a bit before serving.