- 8-10 clove
- garlic (large) finely chopped
- 1/4 lb
- 2 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 c
- lemon juice (fresh squeezed & strained is best)
- 1/4 c
- sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp
- white (optional) or black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 c
- half & half
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 lb
- boneless siknless chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon pepper
- 1 lb
- angel hair pasta or bow ties
- substitute margarine for butter and whole or 2% milk for half & half.
- however, the sauce will not be as creamy or may need more cornstqrch to thicked to a sauce consistency.
- whole wheat pastas may also be used.
CHICKEN & PASTA
How to Make Aunt Dee's Lemon-Garlic Chicken Pasta
- 1Finely chop garlic cloves.
Cut butter into 1 tbs size pats.
- 2In a saucepan, melt butter.
Saute garlic in butter until tender & very lightly browned.
- 3Add chicken broth, lemon juice, sun dried tomatoes, salt & pepper to the garlic/butter mixture. Bring to a boil.
Lower heat and simmer for 45 minutes covered or until tomatoes are soft.
(Note: If you use sun dried tomatoes in oil, just bring to a boil. It will alter the flavor. I like both.)
- 4Chop chicken into bite-size pieces. Pan fry in Olive Oil (or oil of your choice) until fully cooked and lightly browned. Drain oil & sprinkle the chicken with the Lemon Pepper.
- 5Mix cornstarch into cold Half & Half.
- 6There are two ways to thicken the sauce:
1) Make it ahead of time to thoroughly cool the sauce. Pour milk mixture into cooled sauce and mix well with a whisk. On medium heat, stir constantly until sauce thickens at boiling point.
2) Let Lemon-Garlic sauce cool for 15-20 minutes. Pour milk mixture into another saucepan. On medium heat, mix for several minutes to take the chill off the milk. Next, ladle the Lemon-Garlic sauce into the saucepan with the milk mixture stirring constantly. (DO NOT rush! Putting too much hot liquid to quickly into the milk mixture will cause the milk to curdle.)
- 7Pour sauce over cooked Pasta and top with chicken & Parmasan cheese.