Asparagus Chicken with Black Bean Sauce
4 tspsoy sauce, divided
5 tspcornstarch, divided
1 tspsesame oil
3boneless, skinless breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
1 Tbspfermented, salted black beans
1 tspminced fresh ginger
1/2 cchicken broth
1 Tbspoyster sauce
3 Tbspoil, divided
1 lbfresh asparagus, trimmed and diagonally cut into 1-inch pieces
1 mediumonion , but into 8 wedges and separated
How to Make Asparagus Chicken with Black Bean Sauce
- Combine sherry,
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Place in large bowl and mix well.
- Add chicken and stir to coat well. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Place black beans in a sieve and rinse well under cold running water. Coarsely chop beans.
- Combine beans, ginger and garlic and finely chop together.
- Combine chicken broth, remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce, oyster sauce and the remaining 3 teaspoons cornstarch in a small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in wok over high heat. add chicken and stir-fry until chicken turns opaque, about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in wok. Add asparagus and onion and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add water; cover and cook until asparagus is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to wok. Stir chicken broth mixture and add to wok. Stir until sauce boils and thickens. serve with hot jasmine rice.