Asian Style Chicken Lollipops
- chicken wings(separated and wingtip discarded)
- 3/4 tsp
- chinese five spice powder
- 3 1/2 Tbsp
- light soy sauce
- 3 1/2 Tbsp
- rice wine
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- oyster sauce
- 1 pinch
- chili pepper flakes
- drops of sesame oil(optional)
- 1/2 c
- oil for frying(about 3 cups)
- 3 Tbsp
- hoisin sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- scallion stalks cut up
TO BE USED AFTER INITIAL FRYING
How to Make Asian Style Chicken Lollipops
- 1Make chicken lollipops as I have instructions for on my basic chicken lollipop recipe or check on you tube for instructional video if you are confused.
- 2whisk five spice,sesame oil,soy sauce,rice wine,oyster sauce,chili flakes together and pour over chicken in a non reactive bowl and toss to coat, cover and refrigerate to marinate for 6 hours or more.
- 3when ready to cook , heat oil.
- 4Add cornstarch to the bowl with the chicken and marinade and toss well to coat. Fry each piece until golden brown and juices are clear. Set on paper towel to drain.
- 5Heat Hoisin sauce in microwave until warm then put all chicken wings in clean large bowl and gently toss with warm hoisin sauce...removed to serving dish and sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped scallion.