Asian Chicken Skillet
1 largechicken breast
1 clong grain rice
2 cchicken broth
2 cfrozen, mixed vegetables, thawed
1 can(s)water chestnuts, drained and diced
1/4 cbamboo shoots, diced
1/2 csweet and sour sauce
2 Tbspsesame oil
1 Tbsplite soy sauce
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspground ginger
How to Make Asian Chicken Skillet
- In a saucepan with a good fitting lid, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add the salt. Stir.
- Add the rice and stir. Reduce heat to medium low and cover with the lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Do not lift the lid while cooking.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Cut the chicken breast into bite sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken pieces and soy sauce. Add the ginger and garlic. Mix well.
- Cook stirring often until chicken is cooked through. .
- Add vegetables, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts to skillet. Stir to mix.
- Add the cooked rice and stir.
- Add the sweet and sour sauce and mix well.
- Cook until heated through. Serve immediately.