Asian Chicken Burgers
I love these tasty burgers on the grill. They are lower in fat than your regular beef burgers. Feel free to add more or less of the spices.
I have made them without the veggie topping and they still rock!
I love mine topped with reduced fat swiss or monterey jack cheese.
- 1 lb
- ground chicken or turkey
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- minced fresh ginger -or 1/4 tsp dry
- 1 tsp
- minced garlice
- 1 Tbsp
- sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp
- dry bread crumbs
- 1 medium
- carrot, peeled
- english cucumber, peeled
- sesame seed hamburger buns; toasted
- slices of cheese; if desired
- salt and pepper
- mayo to top the buns
- splash of rice vinegar
- pinch of sugar
How to Make Asian Chicken Burgers
- 1In a bowl combine the chicken, soy sauce, spices and sesame oil.Do not over-mix or it may make them tough. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2With a vegetable peeler cut the cucumber and carrot vertically into long, curly strips. Combine them both in a bowl. You may add a tiny splash of rice vinegar and pinch of sugar to them; it is up to you.
- 3Heat your grill or pan to medium. Shape the burgers into 4 patties. Cook for about 5-6 min per side; or till golden brown and cooked through.
- 4Melt the cheese on the burgers during the last minute. Place them on the toasted buns; top with the carrot and cucumber.
** You may want to add some mayo to each bun-I add a drop of the sesame oil to the mayo and some garlic powder and stir well**