Asian Bacon Wrapped Chicken
1 lbboneless skinless chicken breast or tenderloins
1 lbbacon, uncooked
·barbecue sauce ( i used sweet baby rays honey)
·sesame seed oil
·sugar to sweeten to taste
·haven't tried this yet, but maybe some pinapple juice added to this would be good? :)
How to Make Asian Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- If you use chicken breasts make sure to cut them in about 1/2 the size, maybe even quarter, by splitting them and then cutting in half.
- Wrap chicken in bacon strips and place in heated pan w/olive oil seam side down.
- Fry on both sides till bacon is almost cooked. ( this step may be skipped if you prefer to just bake it, I just love fried bacon? lol )
- Meanwhile...Mix bbq, mustard, soy sauce, garlic, sesame seed oil, ginger, and sugar in a small bowl. ( I don't have measurements for these, I just added them as I went and tasted till it was right....you really can't mess this up :)
- place chicken in a square pan (depending on how much you have decided to cook-the tighter space between the chicken the better for the sauce), baste w/sauce and save remaining for the end. Place the pan in a preheated 350 deg. oven and cook for approx 20-30 minutes. When chicken is done, pour remaining sauce over chicken and heat for a minute or two, or save to pour over at the chicken at the table.