Arroz con Pollo (Spanish Chicken and Rice)
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- fryer chicken cut up, or 4 drums and 4 thighs
- 1 c
- diced onion
- 1 c
- diced green pepper
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 c
- rice, long grain
- packets goya seasoning (in the orange box)
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 2 can(s)
- diced tomatoes with juice (undrained)
- bay leaves
- 1 pinch
- red pepper flakes
How to Make Arroz con Pollo (Spanish Chicken and Rice)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large frying pan,(preferably oven-proof) brown chicken pieces over med-high heat, in batches 3-4 min each side. When finished, put chicken aside, and keep warm.
- 2In same pan, saute peppers, onion and garlic until soft and translucent. About 5 min. Add rice. Stir 1 minute. Add Goya, stir to coat.
- 3Add chicken broth, tomatoes with juice, bay leaves and red pepper flakes.
- 4Push chicken pieces into the rice, cover and bake for 1 hour. Let stand about 5 min with the cover on, and enjoy!
- 5If you don't have an oven-proof fry pan, you can always use a casserole dish that's big enough and has a cover.