Arroz con Pollo (Spanish Chicken and Rice)
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1fryer chicken cut up, or 4 drums and 4 thighs
1 cdiced onion
1 cdiced green pepper
2 clovegarlic, minced
2 crice, long grain
2packets goya seasoning (in the orange box)
2 cchicken broth
2 can(s)diced tomatoes with juice (undrained)
1 pinchred pepper flakes
How to Make Arroz con Pollo (Spanish Chicken and Rice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large frying pan,(preferably oven-proof) brown chicken pieces over med-high heat, in batches 3-4 min each side. When finished, put chicken aside, and keep warm.
- In same pan, saute peppers, onion and garlic until soft and translucent. About 5 min. Add rice. Stir 1 minute. Add Goya, stir to coat.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes with juice, bay leaves and red pepper flakes.
- Push chicken pieces into the rice, cover and bake for 1 hour. Let stand about 5 min with the cover on, and enjoy!
- If you don't have an oven-proof fry pan, you can always use a casserole dish that's big enough and has a cover.