Apricot Glazed Cornish Hens
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
How to Make Apricot Glazed Cornish Hens
- Rinse defrosted hens in cold running water. Drain, pat dry inside and out with paper towel.
- Combine preserves, vinegar and soy sauce. Divide sauce in half.
- Spray inside of rotisserie basket with nonstick vegetable coating spray; place on spit and fit unit on hub of drip tray. Center one hen on spit with wings downward; center second hen on spit with wings upward.
- Close rotisserie door. Plug in; be certain unit rotates freely. Cook until juices run clear and thermometer inserted in breast registers 185ºF(approximately 55 to 60 minutes). Brush hens with half of sauce during last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Remove hens to a warm platter to serve. Heat the reserved half of sauce and serve with hens. Refrigerate leftovers.