Apricot Glazed Cornish Hens
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- whole cornish game hens, or 4-lb chicken
- 1 c
- apricot preserves
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce
How to Make Apricot Glazed Cornish Hens
- 1Rinse defrosted hens in cold running water. Drain, pat dry inside and out with paper towel.
- 2Combine preserves, vinegar and soy sauce. Divide sauce in half.
- 3Spray inside of rotisserie basket with nonstick vegetable coating spray; place on spit and fit unit on hub of drip tray. Center one hen on spit with wings downward; center second hen on spit with wings upward.
- 4Close rotisserie door. Plug in; be certain unit rotates freely. Cook until juices run clear and thermometer inserted in breast registers 185ºF(approximately 55 to 60 minutes). Brush hens with half of sauce during last 10 minutes of cooking.
- 5Remove hens to a warm platter to serve. Heat the reserved half of sauce and serve with hens. Refrigerate leftovers.