APRICOT AND GINGER CHICKEN
- 4 to 6
- boneless chicken breasts, skinned and each breast cut into 3 pieces
- bottle of russian dressing, wishbone brand (8 ounce size)
- cup apricot sugar free preserves by smuckers
- 1 1/2
- teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- teaspoons corn starch
- package lipton dry onion soup mix
How to Make APRICOT AND GINGER CHICKEN
- 1PREHEAT OVEN:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 3 quart casserole dish.
- 2PREPARE THE CHICKEN:
Skin the chicken. Remove any bones or fat. Cut each breast into 3 chunks, slicing across the breast. Try to cut the chicken so all the pieces are the same size. Place the chicken pieces in the casserole dish, plump side up.
- 3MAKE THE SAUCE:
Combine the Russian dressing, apricot preserves, ginger, cornstarch, and onion soup mix. Stir well. Pour over the chicken. The sauce should cover the chicken.
- 4BAKE THE CHICKEN:
Bake in the preheated oven for one hour or more until tender.
- 5SERVING SUGGESTIONS:
Serve with steamed rice and stir fried vegetables. Enjoy!