Apple & Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
If you want an even more decadent recipe that this already is, substitute heavy cream for the whole milk. Wow...you will taste the difference.
1/2 cfuji apple, finely chopped
1/8 tspapple pie spice
4chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
4thin slices of prosciutto
1/2 tspapple pie spice
1 Tbspsalted butter
1 Tbspall purpose flour
2/3 cwhole milk
1 dash(es)fresh ground black pepper
How to Make Apple & Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a glass ovenproof baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the apple and 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Place chicken breasts between two gallon zip lock bags on a solid, level surface and firmly pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Place one slice of prosciutto on each chicken breast.
- Place 1/4 of the apple mixture on each chicken breast.
- Roll up each breast and secure with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice all over the outside of the chicken breast and place into the prepared glass baking dish.
- Bake the chicken breasts, uncovered, in the preheated oven until they are no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear which takes about 25 to 30 minutes.
- When the chicken is almost done, melt the butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour to make a smooth paste.
- Whisk in the whole milk and fresh ground black pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly which takes about 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.