AnnMarie's Buffalo Chicken Wing Mac and Cheese
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 boxcavatelli pasta (cork screw pasta)
2 cMonterey Jack cheese, shredded
2 cColby Jack cheese, shredded
1/2 stickunsalted butter
2 1/2 chalf and half
3 TbspWondra flour
3 mediumsized boneless chicken breasts
1/3 cFrank's hot sauce
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cchopped scallions
How to Make AnnMarie's Buffalo Chicken Wing Mac and Cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut raw chicken breasts into small chunks and fry in a good olive or canola oil over medium heat until no longer pink. No need to brown, just make sure the breast chunks are cooked and still juicy. Drain chunks from pan and place in a bowl with 1/3 cup of Frank's Hot Sauce and allow to blend. In the meantime, begin boiling a pot of salted water for your pasta and bring to a rolling boil.
- Pour 1/2 and 1/2 in medium-sized saucepan and add Wondra Flour. Mix well while still cold and begin warming over medium heat. Add 1/2 stick of butter and bring to a gentle low boil. Once milk and butter mixture begins to slightly boil, turn the temperature down to low and continue to stir. Begin adding your cups of both Monterey and Colby Jack cheese to the saucepan and occasionally stir until melted and well blended. Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to package, drain and rinse well.
- Return pasta to its pot. Add cheese sauce and marinated chicken chunks.
- Blend well and spread evenly in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese to the top of dish and place in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes. (Just enough until cheddar cheese melts and pasta is lightly brown on the ends). Remove from the oven and let stand for five minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped scallions and serve with a green tossed salad.