Amish Oven-Fried Chicken
Besides bone-in chicken pieces, you can also use boneless, skinless chicken breasts; I've also used these and they turned out great!
1/3 cvegetable oil
1 call-purpose flour
1 tspgarlic salt
1 tspdried marjoram (optional)
·8 to 9 chicken pieces (legs, thighs, breasts)
How to Make Amish Oven-Fried Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place the oil and butter in a shallow cooking pan (such as a jellyroll pan) and place in preheated oven until butter is melted; remove and set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combne the flour and seasonings.
- Roll the chicken pieces, 3 at a time, in the melted oil-butter mixture; drop them in the bag and shake to cover; place on a dish or wax paper.
- Place chicken in the pan, skin side down; bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- With a spatula, turn over and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer, or until the top crust begins to bubble; serve hot or cold (crust texture is better if it is not refrigerated before eating).