Amish Oven Fried Chicken
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
How to Make Amish Oven Fried Chicken
- Place oil and butter in a shallow cooking pan and place in 375 degree oven to melt butter, set aside.
- In a large paper sack combine dry ingredients.
- Roll the chicken pieces 3 at a time in butter and oil then drop into a sack and shake to cover.
- Place on a plate until all pieces are coated. Leave any excess butter and oil in pan.
- Place chicken in the pan skin side down or its just as good if you remove all the skin first.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. With spatula, turn chicken pieces over and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until crust begins to bubble.