American Gyro Burgers with Tahini Sauce
*** Can add peeled and sliced or chopped cucumbers or other veggies of your choice.
Pictures are mine of the ones I made
- 1 lb
- extra lean ground beef or ground chicken
- 1 tsp
- greek seasoning
- (8-inch) pita rounds
- lettuce leaves
- tomatoes, sliced
- red onion, sliced
- tahini sauce, optional (see recipe below)
- 1/4 c
- feta cheese
How to Make American Gyro Burgers with Tahini Sauce
- 1Preheat a grill pan, large nonstick skillet, or outdoor grill to medium high heat.
Combine beef and seasoning in a large mixing bowl; shape into 4 patties.
- 2Skillet or grill pan: Cook for approximately 4 - 5 minutes on each side until no longer pink inside. Do in 2 batches. Hold the cooked patties on a plate under foil.
- 3On Grill: Grill patties, covered with grill lid, over mediumhigh heat (350° to 400°) for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink.
- 5Tahini Sauce:
1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
2 tablespoon tahini, (sesame seed paste)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Combine yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
** I didn't have tahini so I used a teaspoon of Hummus. It worked great. The flavors are great!